Tuesday, September 20, 2011

More compliments please

While in general I don´t think this is a problem in the States but in Sweden I think that the lack of compliments is widespread. Both, of course, are generalizations but I think that Swedes are not as good at giving compliments.  I´ve thought about and discussed this with friends and clients quite often and it was brought to my attention last week when I read an article in The Metro about a lady who is encouraging Swedes to give more compliments at work.


No matter what your nationality is I think that everyone should be reminded to give more compliments. Of course, they must be sincere. They must come from the heart. How many times have you felt grateful for something someone has done or when someone saved the day by helping you with something. No matter how big or small it was it made a big difference. It´s like the quote I wrote recently about "feeling gratitude and not saying it is like wrapping a present and not giving it." 


So this is your reminder no matter how busy you are the next time someone helps you out at work or anywhere or you feel like someone is doing a great job...go ahead... Tell them!! Even if it´s a simple Thank You!  Both you and the other person will feel the positive energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment